Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Review

The book had filled in a lot of holes that were missing in my heart. For example, I love how they made Edmund the innocent, naive child and Lucy the one who makes the first discovery of Narnia. But, I noticed a parallel between Narnia and England. The Witch is like the German Army, who goes around inducing fear in Narnia which is England. I picked it up as soon as Aslan explained to the children that she wasn't the rightful ruler of Narnia, which also compares to the Germans' behavior at the time, believing that they were the superior race. The Witch personified Hitler. Think about it. Their behavior was similar, if not, in fact, the same. This book fulfilled all of my desires and is truly a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment